Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"THE DUCK WHO COULDN'T SWIM" - 1986, Age 8

A duck named "Donald", how original. This story is just a weak retelling of The Ugly Duckling. And my punctuation was poor at this point, I hadn't yet discovered the importance of quotation marks.

THE DUCK WHO COULDN'T SWIM
Once upon a time there lived a duck named Donald. He had a hard life. He said to the rabbit Could you teach me how to swim. Sorry said the rabbit. But I don't no how to swim either. Well I may as well go to sleep. That night he was dreaming that he was a lovely swan. So that morning he was a swan, and he could swim. So he invited all the ducks over to have a pool party. They had a lovely swim all through the year. Everyday I could hear them spashing. They had a fun life. And they lived happly ever after. END

No comments:

Post a Comment